OUR TRANSITIONAL LIVING PROGRAM: (Currently for men only)
* Designed for the "Weary Soldier" who has been in some very tough battles. We welcome him in, give him encouragement and a safe drug & alcohol free environment.
* Clients must be able to pass a drug test prior to entering and we do drug & alcohol testing quite often. (Men with past/present addictions are required to attend AA/NA meetings.
* Upon arrival we will ensure that they've got clothing and food and necessities.
* The first day they just need to relax and get settled and meet the other guys.
* The program requires 30 hours of job hunting per week until at least 30 hours of weekly employment is obtained.
* All clients pay $100/week rent. (This can be paid by doing 10 hours of volunteer work if someone has not received a paycheck yet.) If/When client graduates successfully, he can get up to $25 back for each $100 he paid in.
* Clients are required to get a job that they can walk or bike to. (Bicycles are provided)
* Guys are required to attend a Christian church of their choice each week. They are never required to believe any particular faith, just to hear for 1 hour per week about the One that is providing a roof over their head. And of course, it is our hope and prayer that their faith grows while they are with us.
* Many of our clients come in, get settled, find employment in the first 2 weeks, continue to work hard and save up for their own place, and then move out.
OUR EMERGENCY SHELTER (currently for men only)
Open from 7pm - 9am.
Men can come in, watch tv, get something to eat, get a shower and get a good night's sleep.
They can stay up to 7 days.
*** There are qualification requirements for both options including: must be a past or present resident of Carbon County.